Blog Post #5 - Self Assessment

 Since the start of the second semester, I have been keeping most of my work on time and making sure my grades are at least A's and B's. Especially for my blog posts, I make sure that they meet the requirements to get a good grade by looking at the Rubric. The Rubric tells me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I do good when I'm looking at the Rubric. I just feel like the one thing that I do not do good with is sources. I provide the information from websites but I have trouble providing where exactly I got the information from. As I do put my best effort into my assignments and blog writings, there is one thing that stops me from being able to get my work done. Procrastination is one of my strongest weaknesses out. One minute I'll be working on a blog post the next thing I know I'm either watching youtube or playing a game on my computer. Sometimes I'll even say I'll come back to it and end up procrastinating that same day and the day after. To be honest, I'm even having trouble getting my work done as I am writing this.    

    When I am writing my blogs, I make sure to check for grammar and punctuation and also make sure that the reader is able to understand what exactly they are reading. I have a slight problem with grammar sometimes and sometimes maybe mechanics. I'll be honest, as I am writing this blog I'm a bit nervous knowing that other students in my class are probably reading these but that's okay. Having peer reviews in this class helps me because getting advice from my classmates helps me get better and fix my mistakes in writing my blog post. I find it most helpful when people tell me what exactly is wrong with what I have written. To be honest, I don't see myself as a very good writer considering writing was never really a hobby for me.

    The thing I've learned from blogs is that you don't just write like you would write in an essay or like a test. You would write like it's almost coming from your mouth, like your showing more emotion than an actual essay. For the past four blog posts, I'm slowly starting to get used to writing blogs more but my big problem is brainstorming. As I mentioned earlier, I've never really been a writer so I don't see myself as a very good blogger. But eventually, I can see myself slowly starting to improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where you should travel if you would like to go to the Caribbean - Blog Post #2

Getting more in depth with the Bahamas

The History of the Bahamas